2016-2017 Arizona Highway Patrol Association Scholarship Criteria
- Applicants must be the dependent son or daughter of an active officer, civilian, retired or deceased member of the Arizona Highway Patrol Association. Member must have five (5) years in the AHPA for dependent to qualify for the scholarship*.
- Applicants must be under the age of 24 and at least a high school senior at time of application.
- Selection for scholarship will be made by the Association Scholarship Committee based upon the following criteria:
- Grade point average, must be minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Resume/Community leadership
- Letters of recommendation
- Enrollment as a full-time student as defined by attending college/university
- Is or will be an undergraduate
- The amount of the scholarship will be $1,000 per semester but no more than $2,000 per year.
- Applicants must plan on earning their undergraduate degree within four (4) years.
- Applications accepted January 1 – March 15, 2016. Applications available electronically above. Application must be postmarked no later than March 15, 2016.
- Scholarship selections will be announced no later than the May AHPA meeting.
- The AHPA will award a maximum of six (6) scholarships to any accredited college or university within the United States. Additional scholarships can be provided by private donations.
* Minimum years waived if member death occurs before 5 years of membership.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE AHPA SCHOLARSHIP FORM: AHPA Scholarship Form 2016-2017
2015 AHPA Scholarship Winners:
Kylee Simpson – Skip Fink Memorial Scholarship
AHPA Memorial Golf Scholarship
Application must be received by: June 1 of the year applying.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE AHPA GOLF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION: GOLF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION 2016
2016 AHPA Memorial Golf Scholarship winners:
*Rachel Lee An Fink