2015 Arizona Highway Patrol Association Scholarship Criteria
- Applicants must be the dependent son or daughter of an active officer, civilian, retired or deceased member of the Arizona Highway Patrol Association. Member must have five (5) years in the AHPA for dependent to qualify for the scholarship*.
- Applicants must be under the age of 24 and at least a high school senior at time of application.
- Selection for scholarship will be made by the Association Scholarship Committee based upon the following criteria:
- Grade point average, must be minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Resume/Community leadership
- Letters of recommendation
- Enrollment as a full-time student as defined by attending college/university
- Is or will be an undergraduate
- The amount of the scholarship will be $1,000 per semester but no more than $2,000 per year.
- Applicants must plan on earning their undergraduate degree within four (4) years.
- Applications accepted January 1 – March 15, 2015. Applications available electronically above. Application must be postmarked no later than March 15, 2015.
- Scholarship selections will be announced no later than the May AHPA meeting.
- The AHPA will award a maximum of six (6) scholarships to any accredited Arizona college or university. Additional scholarships can be provided by private donations.
* Minimum years waived if member death occurs before 5 years of membership.
2014 AHPA Scholarship Winners:
|Rachel L. Fink|
|Courtney M. McNichols – Skip Fink Award
|Amanda R. Oien|
|Kyrstin L. Simpson|
AHPA Golf Scholarship – 2014